Monday, May 3, 2010

This morning

I woke in time to say 'good morning' to a fat raccoon as it came out from under
our beach house and swam across the creek to the wetland area on the other side.

This morning I woke to the news of dead sea turtles washing up on shore in
Mississippi.

This morning I feel a sense of doom and unrelenting anger at the man made
disaster unfolding along our beautiful gulf coast.

This morning it is in my own back yard and I am in the company of much of the
world where man made destruction from war and consumption is killing the earth
and I know the earth will be better off without humans for we do not seem to be
able to stop.

This morning I would welcome a hurricane off shore in place of what is out
there.

This morning my heart hurts and it is almost too painful to think about.